Re: [OM] new to darkroom

Subject: Re: [OM] new to darkroom
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:47:02 -0500
I used a cold light (flourescent tube) head with diffusing plate on my Bogen.
Best thing I ever did.  Of course, I had to calibrate my film processing for a
slightly different contrast range, but once done, it made printing so much
easier and better.  No decrease in sharpness (I think that's a myth or at least
exaggerated), but a real decrease in "harshness".  I learned with Ansel's books
at my elbow (along with mentoring), but remember he wrote that before the
advent of good cold light heads.  I think later on he actually used cold light.

Earl