[OM] Re: [OT] pills,

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] pills,
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:31:07 -0800

>The first study to compare two powerful cholesterol-lowering drugs
>head-to-head in treating coronary artery disease finds that one appears to
>be superior.

What they don't tell you is that studies have shown that ordinary fish
oil which contains omega 3 fatty acids, specifically EPA  and DHA, is at
least as effective in lowering cholesterol and improving the ratio of
good to bad. Probably more effective and no adverse side effects... if
you don't count an occasional fishy burp :>) I get a 3 month supply from
Costco for less than $10. Compare that to the hundreds if not thousands
of $$ per year for the drugs. Works for me and I have the blood tests to
back it up. I suspect there are others in this group who may benefit.

mike