Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200mm Tripod Ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200mm Tripod Ring
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:35:16 -0500
Bob, I'm pretty sure that the Olympus "replacement TRIPOD COLLAR  for 300 f4.5,
85-250mm Zoom & 65-116mm Tele Auto Ext. Tube" can be
modified slightly to fit your Tamron.  You'll want to check with the proprietor
before you order, but the cost on his website is
$34.95 plus shipping / tax / etc.  If I recall correctly, the Olympus collar
has a bump that fits into an indexing hole.  You remove
it with a Dremel tool or  lots of patience with a flat file.  Like I said
though, you want to check my memory because I may be
thinking  of the Tokina 80-200 f/2.8.

I saw the tripod collar today at www.zuiko.com

All the best,
Lama