Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200mm Tripod Ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 80-200mm Tripod Ring
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:47:23 +1100
Bob Docherty wrote
I recently picked up a Tamron 80-20mm F2.8 lens missing the tripod mount.
Does anyone now where a tripod collar for this lens can be purchased,
manufactured, traded, stolen? My searches on the web have proven pointless.
This hunk of glass screams for tripod support.

I have a Tamron Adaptall Tripod/Grip Ring I use with a 300/5.6 - that's the title on the box and there's no part number. It also lists as fitting the 85-210/4.5, the 80-250/3.8-4.5 and the 70-210/3.5-4. It might fit as it opens right up but as a clamp-on device, it's rather awkward and I wouldn't recommend it if you see one (you can't flip to vertical format, for instance, except by using a ball head and dropping it over. This isn't so much a 'look for this' as a 'this isn't it' piece of advice!
AndrewF