[OM] Creepy zoom 65-200

Subject: [OM] Creepy zoom 65-200
From: foefam@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 06:48:52 -0700
Hello, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Mark Foerster and I've been
part of the OM world for about two months now. It started with me testing
out an OM-1 for my brother to sell on eBay, and I was immediately hooked. I
figured it was a cheap way for me to get back into 35mm photography, as the
OM-1 reminded me a lot of the cheap camera I learned on back in the 70s
(I'm guessing it was a ripoff of the OM...). Cheap, right, just buy a body
and a lens or two on eBay. I now have an OM-1, OM-2s, seven lenses, a
Winder 2, and a T32 and I'm way beyond inexpensive - time for a 12-step
program.

My first question concerns my 65-200 zoom. It's in great shape and produces
nice photos, except that the zoom creeps when the lens is held past sixty
degrees or so, up or down. Is there any kind of fairly cheap and quick fix
for this, short of sending it in to get it repaired? I've heard it was a
problem with the 70-210, which is one of the reasons I chose the zoom I
did. I live in Colorado and do some rock climbing, so the lens will be
spending a fair about of time near vertical.

Thanks, Mark