Re: ( OM) Re: [OM] Walks with an OM2 #1 ( 9 shots)

Subject: Re: ( OM) Re: [OM] Walks with an OM2 #1 ( 9 shots)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:31:51 -0800

On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 01:43 PM, Brian Swale wrote:

I'm told that having little yellow-eyed penguins adopt you takes some
beating. They love nesting under houses, or even in the roof space if they
can get at it, they smell very fishy (surprise), and make lots of loud noises
including like the braying of a donkey; usually when the humans above /
below are trying to sleep.

Brian

Oh, yeah. You are on the bottom of the globe where the moon is upside down. :-)

I was surprised by the magellanic penguins I saw in Argentina. Dirty, scruffy little guys living in burrows in the dirt. Not the majestic, pristine specimens you see in the nature specials on the tube. As for the smell, nothing could equal the mix of fish and excrement of a rock full of seals. At least they don't go under your house. I hope.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA