Re: [OM] Two questions ... 1 Answer (Maybe)

Subject: Re: [OM] Two questions ... 1 Answer (Maybe)
From: "Jamie Costello" <jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:04:04 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Walt Wayman"

> First question:
>
> Over the weekend, I ...
> cranked a bit too zealously and wound the leader completely back
> into the cassette.
> Is there ... some ingenious trick, to get the leader back
> out?  And if so, I don't want to hear about it if it's more than
> $10 worth of trouble.

I think it was the Schnozz who told me about this one:

Take approximately 4-5" of used/developed film.  Lick (that's right: "lick")
about 2-3" of it. Insert licked end into cassette with licked side "in".
Wind the film against it and slowly withdraw it from the cassette.  I've
never tried it but was intrigued with the Schozz' explanation ... er, I
think it was the Schnozz ... ;-).

Jamie
Fort Myers, FL