Re: [OM] Two questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Two questions
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:08:55 -0800 (PST)
Another trick for fishing film out of a cassette is to wet the
emulsion side of the leader of another roll of film (just lick
it, you won't die) and stick it through the slot. Wind the
offending roll until it "snaps" and then back roll it slightly.
Wait a few seconds for the bond to form and pull it out.

This *usually* works.  It works best on leaders that haven't
been bent by being in a camera too long.

When I'm processing rolls of B&W, I always try this trick before
resorting to the bottle-opener.  After a zillion rolls, I'm
probably batting .500 so it isn't totally foolproof.

Nosegrease and spit are the secret tricks of the darkroom
technician.  There's probably more, but we're not talking about
those, except to say if you ever run out of fixer...

AG-use only in well ventilated areas-Schnozz