Re: [OM] Mirror Lockup in an OM-G?

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror Lockup in an OM-G?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:54:02 -0500
If the mirror goes up and shutter opens but speed is WAY off, that is oil on
the magnet.  If the mirror goes up halfway and shutter does not open, that
is something else, often dead, weak or dirty batteries (for starts).  OM-10,
G and F will all lock up in this fashion (mirror partway up) with dead
batteries. OM-G has manual mode but has an electronic shutter, totally
dependent on batteries.
You probably just had weak batteries.   For the shutter to lock open (which
requires extra power), batteries would have to be in good shape.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121  Turnaround 4-5 weeks