[OM] FS: T-32 Flash and Power Bounce Grip 2 (BG-2)

Subject: [OM] FS: T-32 Flash and Power Bounce Grip 2 (BG-2)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:47:26 -0500
For Sale: T-32 Flash and Power Bounce Grip 2 (they come with a few nifty accessories)

That's right, I'm actually offering some gear for sale.
(Breathe deep John, it's OK to sell a couple things.)

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS OFF LIST . . . WITHOUT THE "[OM]" IN THE SUBJECT LINE!

A reminder: responding publicly via the list is considered inappropriate. The OM list is also quite busy and I haven't been trying to keep up with it. Consequently I may not see your reply! Even if you reply directly to me, if an "[OM]" is in the subject line, the email gets shunted into the OM list mailbox.

If in doubt, use this (most mail readers should handle this):
MailTo:jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=FS_T-32_and_BG-2

How fast I receive payment will determine whether I can send these out before Thanksgiving next week. After next Tuesday, shipment will have to wait until the Monday after Thanksgiving at the earliest.

Specifics about the functional and cosmetic condition are given for each. I am willing to ship outside the U.S. provided I can be paid _in_U.S._Dollars_ with an International Postal Money Order (which you purchase at your post office), and I can ship via what USPS calls "Small Packet" (International version of Priority Mail). See details under payment and shipping.

I don't have pictures of them and don't have a digital with which to make them with quickly/easily. In order to provide some, I would have to shoot film, have it developed, printed and then scan the prints.

--------------------

** T-32 Flash:
$89.00 USD, not including shipping.  See cost of shipping below.
NOTE: Calculator panel is in meters, not feet. Never made any difference to me, even when I used it in Normal Auto. Three feet per meter is close enough.

Condition: All functions in complete working order in all modes. Bought this flash used about five years ago and am selling it for less than I paid. Cosmetically it's in solid KEH EX condition, depending on how you interpret their grading and what your personal experience is with KEH. It's almost EX+. It's obvious it's used as its surface finish is a bit shinier than that of a new one, especially around the corners, but it's not scratched, gouged, chipped, cracked or broken. Battery cover is in original condition (no hole drilled for extrnal batteries), and there's no velcro pads stuck to it anywhere nor have any ever been glued to it (typically used to mount an aftermarket softbox). Battery box is completely clean and no battery(ies) has(have) ever leaked in it. Lens is not scuffed or scratched. Reflector is very, very slightly yellowed just behind the Xenon tube from use . . . to be expeced in a used flash, even one that hasn't been used much.

BUT WAIT . . . THERE'S MORE . . . Included with this T-32:
* Instruction Manual (it's used and looks used also, but in good condx)
* Wide Angle and ND Filter Set with 21mm WA (also used as ND2), ND4, ND8 filters, and the OM filter wallet with six pockets that can hold three more filters in addition to the three that come with it. The T-32's angle of coverage is rated for a 24mm lens; the 21mm WA spreads out the light to coverage for a 21mm lens. I've used it with an 18mm lens with surprisingly decent results (inside a room with ceiling and walls to contain the light better).

--------------------

** BG-2 (Power Bounce Grip 2):
$99.00 USD, not including shipping.  See cost of shipping below.

Condition: Bought this item as NOS about five years ago from a local store that had a few OM system remnants laying around. The box had been opened, but it had not been used. All functions in complete working order. Tilt and swivel locks down (it doesn't flop). As with the flash, battery box is completely clean and no battery(ies) has(have) ever leaked in it. Cosmetically it's in KEH EX+ condition. Used it less than I used the T-32. The battery door coin slot (used to open it) has a couple tiny nicks in its edges from . . . yes . . . using a coin to open it. But it's not chewed up either. Other than that you can tell it's used, but not much.

BUT WAIT . . . THERE'S MORE . . . Included with this BG-2:
* Instruction manual (it's used and looks used also, but in good condx)
* M.Grip Cord 1 to connect the BG-2 to a Winder or Motor Drive. This allows using the button on the grip handle to fire the shutter when used in conjunction with a Winder or Motor Drive. * TTL Auto Cord T 0.3m to connect the BG-2 to the camera for TTL control (short straight cord, not the coiled one). With any OM body you can use the PC cord built in to the BG-2 for Manual or Normal Auto mode. For TTL control with an OM-2 and this TTL Auto T cord you'll need a TTL Auto Connector 3 (sorry, don't have one). For TTL control with an OM-2n and this TTL Auto T cord you'll need a TTL Auto Connector 4 (don't have one of these to sell either). Cord will plug into the TTL socket on the front of an OM-2S, OM-3, OM-3ti, OM-4 and OM-4T body.

--------------------

With some of the accessories I'm including with these, I'm not inclined to back off on price. They aren't horridly expensive, but they are becoming rather difficult to find! Figure it out for yourself what it would take to get the basic flash or grip, pay for its shipping, then round up the accessories when you can eventually find them, and then pay more shipping to have them sent to you.

OK . . . some of this may sound harsh, but it's not intended to be. I want you to know up front, without any surprises, what the payment and shipping ground-rules are.

--------------------

** PAYMENT:
* Note: Sorry, I have done so few "ePrey" auctions or similar on-line transactions that it hasn't justified setting up a PayPal or BidPay account to receive funds and the $$ value of these items doesn't justify doing this.

* Within the U.S.:
My preference is a US Postal Service Money Order. I will accept other Money Orders. If you really want to write a personal check you may ask me about it, but I may also insist on waiting for it to "clear" before I send the item(s) to you. Let me know *how* you want to pay if it's something other than USPS MO.

* Outside the U.S.:
In U.S. Dollars using an International Postal Money Order that you buy at your post office. This requires that your country and the U.S. have an agreement between their government postal services that provides for this service. If you have some other idea you think might work, tell me and I'll let you know if it's OK. Bottom line: must be in U.S. Dollars and must be depositable to my bank without fees for currency exchange (they're exhorbitant) or some other service to handle it. In many countries, an International Postal Money Order bought at the Post Office is one of the best deals going . . . but it depends on the country and their fee for it.

--------------------

** SHIPPING AND SHIPPING COST:
(add this to the price above)

* Within the U.S.:
$6 for USPS Priority Mail with Tracking and Insurance. This means the T-32 totals to $95 and the BG-2 totals to $105.

* Outside the U.S.:
Must be a country that allows shipping via USPS "small packet" which is the international version of our domestic Priority Mail. Means delivery time is about 7-10 days for *most* countries, not 4-6 weeks that "surface parcel" requires (slow boat via every port in Asia and Africa first). Tell me what country you're in and I'll calculate the shipping cost (postage, plus insurance, plus tracking) and give you a total. I really, really don't want to send international by UPS, FedEx, DHL or some other commercial carrier. I don't think you want it either as it must then go through a customs broker. The brokerage fee YOU would have to pay for this could easily be half again what you paid for the T-32 or BG-2 and make any subsequent duties imposed pale by comparison. If it goes through a government owned Postal Service, it should go into and through your Customs without the need for a broker to handle it. I won't fudge anything one iota on a Customs Declaration, which must be attached when I send it, so don't think about asking me to (yeah, there are a few people around that will ask someone to lie on one). I'm not about to get myself in deep doo-doo for doing something like that. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CUSTOMS TARIFFS/DUTIES, if any are imposed. They cannot be prepaid by the sender. Don't ask me how much they might be. I have no clue, nor have I any clue how to find out. It's difficult enough for me to estimate what the classification is for something and the duties I might have to pay for inbound items I order from overseas using the U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule. I'm not about to try to interpret some other country's (if I could even find it). If in doubt and you want to know, you'll have to track down your own Customs Service and ask them. They have the final word on duties anyway.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Both the T-32 and BG-2 are *used.* They're not new or new "old stock" (NOS). I'm stating this up front because there are a few (not many, just a few) who buy a used item expecting it to be just like brand new, are disappointed when it isn't, and complain about it. I don't have the orignal boxes and packing for them either. In other words, these are not "museum grade" items and I don't remember whether the T-32 flash still has the "Passed" sticker on it or not. Not something I looked for when I inspected them just before writing this. If you're a collector and are looking for OM gear that is or looks brand new, complete with all the boxes, packing and warranty cards in totally new condition, including "new camera equipment odor," neither of these are for you.

Why am I selling these things? I've got so much flash gear with four Sunpak and three Metz units that the T-32 and BG-2 are languishing, all but forgotten, in lonely corners of the camera bag. Been like this for so long that they're showing classic signs of deep depression. Before I have to send them off for therapy, I thought I would offer them up for sale to a home that would give them the attention they deserve . . . to make them feel wanted and needed again. More seriously, I'm not using them, don't need them for backup (got plenty of that already) and I'm certain someone has a need for them and can put them to good use.

Thanks,
-- John