Re: [OM] OT Wildlife in Houses (was: Two questions)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Wildlife in Houses (was: Two questions)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:50:41 -0800
The easy way to tell when critters have left their abode in your abode is to sprinkle a fine layer of flour where they go in and out. That way you don't have to watch the whole time. A quick look by tells who has recently traveled that way and which way they were going. I got rid of the skunk spending its days under my very slow restoration (hah!) project on a 911 by blocking the entrance while the critter was out for the evening.

A possum (rat tailed NA variety) got lost in my garage once. Didn't live up to its name at all, hisssing loudly and showing a very respectable set of teeth. Got it back out without damage to either of us. Don't see them much any more around here. Lots of other critters and enough roof rats to drive everbody crazy, though.

Moose

John Wheeler wrote:

Andrew,

A mate of mine had a possum family in his roof and had to get rid of them.
His method: Get into the roof area where they are, lay a trail of apple
peelings from their spot to their entry hole and the outside. When they exit
(probably best to do this at night) close up their access.