[OM] ( OM ) macro performance

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) macro performance
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:24:58 +1300
Hi folks,

I'd like to hear about members' experience with some specific macros, if I
may:

I just missed out ( a miss is as good as a mile) on getting a Zuiko 50mm f/2
macro; sort of locally (not this city, but this country). Problem was I waited
until I obtained a copy of the Pop Photo test for it. I shouldn't have waited.
It's
still coming as I have had to get it on Library interloan, and it could be a
couple of weeks.

So I thought I'd ask you all, those of you who have ever used one of these
macro lenses, how you'd rate it for

sharpness / resolution; contrast; and colour rendition:

versus the Zuiko 100/2;
versus the Zuiko 90/2
and versus the
Tamron 90 macro (3 versions to choose from)
Tokina 90 macro
Sigma 90 macro

Cheers, Brian