Re: [OM] Re: OT Wildlife in Houses and Stomachs

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT Wildlife in Houses and Stomachs
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:42:01 -0700
At 08:50 AM 11/22/2003 +1100, Andrew Fildes (in reply to Walt Wayman) wrote:
>You guys don't eat bunnies? You think it odd and squirrel not?! Strewth.
>Depression tucker here - underground chicken. Had a nice bunny meal in an
>Italian restaurant here (Melbourne) a few weeks back - stewed in a cacciatore
>style sauce and on a cake of polenta. Very good indeed.

Rabbit?  YUM!  Had a fabulous rabbit roast in the Midi near Carcassonne in
France couple of years ago.  Several local butchers sell rabbit for various
purposes.  None involving duct tape.  8^>

You used to be able to get horse meat in Edmonton, but these days, most cuts of
beef are so cheap (due to the Mad Cow scare [a single cow which was caught by
our inspectors] which stopped our exports of beef to the U.S.) that you'd be
hard-pressed to find less expensive meat.  (Horse is *good*, though.)  We also
regularly buy bison meat.  I'm eating really well these days -- at least,
that's what my bathroom scale keeps telling me...

Garth