[OM] 28-48

Subject: [OM] 28-48
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:47:55 -0600
Earl,

Sure, I can name a dozen things wrong with this lens. It's obviously got
some plastic parts, it could go a little farther on each end, it is slow
(although absolutely blisteringly fast, compared to today's P&S cameras),
doesn't have the highest resolving power, is a two touch zoom, and the hood
may or may not be helpful, no one can find one to see. Still, it is my
number one travel lens. I took it to Lisbon and Barcelona, along with the
21/2 and the Xpan with 45 and 90. I hardly ever used the 21, and split 40 or
so rolls about 50-50 between the Xpan and the 28-48.

It isn't the highest resolving lens, but it is snappy. The photos look
great, and blow up well. It would be one of the last lenses I would sell. as
a matter of fact, I'd sell my mint 35-70 today, but keep your hands off the
28-48!

Bill Pearce