Re: [OM] [OT] A New EB*Y Twist

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] A New EB*Y Twist
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:18:09 +1100
I had two auctions close by BIN lately and, in both cases, it was stated
that shipping would be the actual cost to the buyer's address. In both cases
the buyers completed the checkout form and inserted a very low amount in the
shipping cost spot on the form. When I informed them what the actual
shipping amount would be they acted like I had somehow upped the price on
them. Tonight one closed by BIN and there was a fixed shipping price of $10.
The buyer filled out the checkout form and put in $5 for shipping. I sent
him a note with the actual cost and have not heard back. Is anyone else
having people do this? It's really beginning to piss me off. /jim

That's nasty - tell them not to use checkout in your listing. Weird that you'd get three in a row. Obviously a conspiracy! One way around is to include 'free' domestic shipping in your BIN price as an inducement.
AndrewF