Re: [OM] [OT] A New EB*Y Twist

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] A New EB*Y Twist
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:00:15 -0000
The auction site *does* allow UK sellers to pass on the Paypal on-cost to UK
buyers.  As Tom has found, and mentioned, I believe it
is better practice to swallow the 3%.

I assume the reason the exception is made is partly because UK Paypal account
holders cannot credit their Paypal accounts from a
bank account, only from a credit card (or sales via Paypal).  Equally, Paypal
will not confirm addresses outside the USA.  It is a
bit frustrating  when US sellers announce that they sell worldwide, but only
ship to confirmed addresses, and do not accept credit
card payments into Paypal!

Piers