Re: [OM] 28-48

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-48
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:20:14 -0500
Ahh....memories.

I had a 28-48/4 for a while, and it was a very convenient lens.  As you say, it
could go a little further on each end, and it could be made better.  The f/4
speed never really was an issue outdoors.  I used it quite a bit the few times
that I took it, particularly when I traveled.  I think that the ideal travel
lens for me would be a 24-50, as I like wide angles.  The 35-70/80 zooms are
usually no where near wide enough and leave much to be desired on the long end.
 If I had the proverbial compact 24-50, I'd carry a 135/2.8 as my long lens.
Sometimes I wish the little 28-48 was still here. :-(

I had the special, 55mm hood, which can be found if you look (I saw one the
other day in fact, email me if you're interested).  It helped control the flare
from the somewhat exposed front element.

Now if I only had that 30mm lens for my Xpan, I'd be set. :-o

Skip