Re: [OM] OM-4 wind problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 wind problem
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:29:48 -0600
Do you mean "...lifting the film rewind lever up...", as in just enough for the
fork in the rewind shaft to clear the spool inside the cassette, but not opening
the back?  And doing so makes the wind easier for a while?  It's entirely
possible that the collar that holds the rewind shaft _has_ been bent, and is no
longer perpendicular to the body.  We most often see it on the OM-2s and OM-4t,
but it's possible on the OM-4.

Any sign of impact to the knob itself?  That would be a likely sign.