[OM] OM-1 serial numbers

Subject: [OM] OM-1 serial numbers
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:43:43 +0100
I have just bought two black OM-1's, a non-MD and an MD. The non-MD has a
serial number #1506xx, and a production date (from the pressure plate) of
Feb 1974. the MD  has a serial number #2127492, and a production date of
October 1974. Is the high serial number feasible, or has the base plate
been swapped?

Both cameras are in great condition externally, with no brassing, but the
usual sticky door seals. Cost me the equivalent of 70USD each, which seemed
pretty cheap. With the MD I got a Winder1 thrown in, as he said that the
motor drive cover was missing; I found the cover stuck securely in the
winder.....

Roger Key