[OM] eBay payments (was A New EB*Y Twist)

Subject: [OM] eBay payments (was A New EB*Y Twist)
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:59:16 -0500
Doesn't eBay allow discounts, so long as their fees are paid?

You can always set the price via reserve or BIN.

Accepting PayPal leads to more bidders and higher prices. Discounts for
cheaper pay methods can also bring in more bidders at whatever cost you
decide.

There are other quick payment mechanisms. Hyperwallet in US and Canada,
Certapay in Canada. Both are cheaper for the seller, tho they take 1-3
days. I thik Citibank has a US version. Now if only there were a cheap,
quick way to transfer money to/from other countries...

tOM

On Tuesday, November 25, 2003 at 6:50
Andrew Gullen <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But he can't set the price accordingly because it's an auction. However, he
> could set a largish shipping fee and then discount that by x0f the final
> bid. What a tangled web...
>
> Andrew
>
> > Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:09:41 -0500
> > From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Perhaps you could take paypal and offer a discount for money orders?
> >
> > Paypal is attractive to bidders because it is faster and avoids a trip to
> > the PO.
----  Abacurial Information Management Consultants ----
Tom A. Trottier, President              http://abacurial.com
758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1 775 307-4133
        -- Benjamin Franklin