Re: [OM] Playing with an E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Playing with an E-1
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:54:17 -0800
Skip Williams schrieb:

 Something doesn't sound right with the experiences that the two of
 you mention.  I have also not heard of any comments on dpreview.com
 about slow write times or slow autofocusing speeds or slow reviews;

Maybe just some complicated or special setting. When we had a few E1 to=20
play with, everybody mentioned very quick AF, fast writing to memory  etc.
This camera obviously requires some knowledge about the settings. It's=20
just no P&S ;)
But then there are still noise levels reported at dpreview that have=20
been improved since (or am I mistaken there?).
Olympus obviously either misjudged the importance of a spot-on and clear=20
  handling info or they just don't care.

Agreed. I think I need to spend enough time with the camera with a manual to get it set up for the task at hand, e.g. ISO100, continuous focus for shooting moving objects, and the card formatted in the camera. I plan to do that sometime, it would be nice to get one for trial over the Turkey Day weekend and play with it. Maybe a call to Calumet is in order...
-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!