[OM] TOPE themes - attention please - time to cast your votes

Subject: [OM] TOPE themes - attention please - time to cast your votes
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:34:08 +0100
Hi,

Alright, using the received input I have deduced a new list of (IMO)
workable topics, without too much overlap (this means that some suggestions
were grouped under a broader category, e.g. "trains" under "Vehicles and
transportation", etc.), and some were eliminated all together.

Then, some structural directions were suggested as well. They are:
1) Repeating topics with each having a b&w and color subcategory.
2) A few tightly defined topics.
3) A few universal topics.

Now, regarding nr. 1: I do not really want to repeat topics that have been
done once already, and I do not want to enforce B/W or colour usage; I think
that's something up to the photographer (with the exception of course being
the B/W theme we have covered already).

Regarding nr. 2 and 3: Both tightly defined topics as well as universally
defined topics have been suggested. Personally I like the latter a bit more
(as it gives more room for creative interprestations), but I appreciate
both. So, as both have been suggested, I will not limit the list solely to
tightly defined topics, nor to universal topics. Besides, all topics should
be reasonably wise executable by any member anywhere.

Soooooooooooooo, using the above rationale, I have come up with the
following strategy: What I want you all (i.e. everyone who wants to have a
say in which themes get pick next) to do, is to send me off-list your top
ten votes to: o.greve@xxxxxxx (you can leave the subject of the message
as-is). So, just send me the names of the ten themes you would like to see
next. If you prioritise your ten picks, I will keep the priorities in mind
in case multiple themes receive an equal amount of votes.

In one week from now, i.e. Wednesday December 3th, the list of the next 8
TOPE themes will be published. So, effectively that means that the latest
date during which you can send in your votes is December 2nd.

The list of themes to choose from is:
====================================
Nature
Animals
Flora
Colour
Shadows
Reflections
Through a window
Hands
Specific shapes
Speed
Silhouettes
Sunsets and sunrises
Sports or Fast action photography
Skies
Signs
Our offices
Vehicles/Transportation
Bad photos
Still lifes
Your living place
Creative use of shutter speeds and/or f stops
Children
Funny/bizarre shots
Existing art
Drama
Photos with white-color as main subject, and photos with black-color as main
subject.
Family
Urban scene or cityscapes
Food
Toys
Collection
Commerce
The human condition
Celebrations
Wide angle lens (35 or wider lenses incl those settings on a zoom)
Normal lens (40-55 or eqv zoom settings)
Telephoto lens (75+ or eqv zoom setting)
Your favorite lens (use your favorite lens)
Your least favorite lens (use your least favorite lens)
Simplicity
Rain
Mud
Circles & Squares
Low Angle/Dog's Eye View
Opposites
Machines and tools
Dealer's choice (Your Best Shot during the shooting interval)

Cheers!
Olafo