Re: [OM] Concorde - not quite OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Concorde - not quite OT
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:41:33 +0000
OK I'm not a great fan but I got some photos of Concord, just of her and no ground shot stuff as there were a lot of people around. I'll post them when I get the slides back if anyone is interested. It was worth it for the noise from the Olympuses and the history alone, and she landed just before the rain came down when a large rainbow appeared. Quite a poignant moment. If only I'd have had something longer than a 135mm!

All the best,
Gareth.

P.S. Ian, I assume you were on top of Physics? I went up to the Camera Obscura. There were lots of people but she flew right overhead! I guessed you enjoyed it though!

Ian Nichols wrote:
Well, it came & flew over & landed, but sadly I didn't get anything worthy of a TOPE entry. The sky was clear but she came practically out of the sun, so there was way too much contrast to get both sky and ground detail, and I'd set up the exposure in advance to record ground detail, plus she flew over closer to where I was than I'd imagined she would (they didn't publish the flight plan in detail for security). Ah well, back to plan A. Was worth going up to the roof of the University's tallest building to watch it though.

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol
BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

Support Mozilla Firebird:
http://texturizer.net/firebird/

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not
wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke