Re: [OM] eBay payments (was A New EB*Y Twist)

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay payments (was A New EB*Y Twist)
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:23:45 -1000
Aloha Chris

I might have the Tamron 400mm f/4 sold but I'm a bit suspicious, what do you
think?
Dan
--------------
Daniel,

is the 400mm still available? I would really like to buy it. I have the Tamron
2.8/300mm and want 'upgrade'.

I live in Germany, but I can give you a shipping address in the US, if you
don´t won´t to ship it overseas. I would transfer you the money first.

Now I´m looking forward to your answer.

Thank you.

Stefan Seip
-------------------------
Daniel,

thanks.

If you agree, I send you US $ 1130, After receiving the money, you ship the
lens to an address in the US. You have no risk at all.

The best way for me is to transfer the money from bank to bank. If you have a
bank account, you can give me the numbers so I can start the transfer.

The transfer will take some days, maybe one or (worst case) two weeks, however.
But I´m serious, please believe me. Look to my websites www.astromeeting.de
ans www.mars03.de/e/  to learn some more about me.

I´m looking forward to make this deal with you, Daniel.

Best regards
Stefan

That's just the problem Jez.  The *only* advantage of joining the EU is
the convenience of personal banking.  With the French and German
governments willing to ignore the Stability Pact, presumably for the
sake of their national economies, what price the one-size-fits-all
economic policy?  And don't start me on the corruption of the
Commission and its officers!

The Eurozone has gone some way towards promoting customer-friendly
banking in the Eurozone, but all the European countries have pretty
good currency transfer systems at reasonable cost (despite the Dutch
and German banks' trying to remain in the Dark Ages - I write from
personal experience).  The problems come from further afield.  In the
US there are many different banks and in China a buyer's bank refused
to accept the existence of my bank (the Co-operative Bank) and would
not try to transfer money.  You just have to hope that you can find a
way to get around these challenges to international personal commerce
with each individual transaction.

Chris

On 26 Nov 2003, at 10:48, Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Come on US - join the EU!
> And while you're at it, perhaps UK will join too?
> br
> jez
>

>                       Mike Bloor
>                       <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>         To:
> olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>                       Sent by:                   cc:
>                       owner-olympus@Zuik         Subject: [OM] eBay
> payments (was A New EB*Y Twist)
>                       o.sls.bc.ca
>

>                       26/11/2003 11:24
>                       Please respond to
>                       olympus
>

> In the Euro Zone we can transfer up to 12500 Euros ( about 15000 USD)
> between any two banks for only 50 Euro cents (about 60 US cents).
> The pricing was recently imposed by the European Union.  I have used
> it to
> pay a seller in Germany from my bank in Ireland - just faxed the
> instruction to the bank.  Easy and cheap.
> Mike Bloor

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.