Re: [OM] Re: OT now Coke, mutating to chemistry and etc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT now Coke, mutating to chemistry and etc...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:03:34 -0800
R. Jackson wrote:

Not really being a regular here

Lack of regularity may be a medical problem, but has no standing on this list. :-)

...........Of course, I'm also a fat, balding guy pushing 40. A lovely little woman at the hotel where I stay in San Francisco asked me why I was going to college when I should be thinking about retirement. Uh. Because I never asked for the years to go by as fast as they have, I guess. I still feel like I'm just getting started on something, not packing it in and calling it a day. Maybe it's denial. ;-)

You're young yet, boy, plenty still to go. As a not too fat guy, and pretty hirsute from the neck up, I'm pushing 60 real hard and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm also a lot happier than I was 20+ years ago and really glad I haven't finished growing up. It's the path that enriches and enlivens, not the destination.

I'm not a drop out. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention when I was in college, supporting myself, sailing, dating, etc. took most of my time, but enough to stay there. That was a no-brainer, with Vietnam going full speed and the draft waiting for me. I certainly learned more from the non-academic time than from the classes then and what seems like an infinite amount more since. I have friends who have acquired higher degrees later in life than you and value them. For myself, the academic learning format is not something I would choose.

Moose