[OM] OT Terrorism, was now Coke, mutating to chemistry and etc...

Subject: [OM] OT Terrorism, was now Coke, mutating to chemistry and etc...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:27:52 -0800
My friends and I never got caught. Our acts of creative destruction weren't political, and the political acts were never pinned on us, although one would certainly ahve had serious consequences! The rockets, bombs, etc. were both fun and educational, but we didn't blow up a school with them. One of my favorites was the compressed air cylinder, rubber tube, glass tube and bits of glass rod. The invisible projectile for windows!

By University at Berkeley, I just wasn't any competition for people like Mario Savio, Jerry Rubin, et.al. Besides, I'd discovered different, more personal kinds of chemistry and politics by then. :-)

By some act of synchronicity, like Brian, I too watched Michael Moore's 'Bowling for Columbine" last night. I and my ilk would have been in real trouble if we were in school after that happened. An interesting, moving and thought provoking movie, I can see why it won an Oscar.

Moose

andrew fildes wrote:

I was a webel and a practical chemist. Dyed the swimming pool purple the night before the Sports Gala (at least it killed the algae). Raised the red flag on the school flagpole (which was on top of the main building and visible for miles - took two steeplejacks to get it down - stole it from the Young SocialtLeague during a Cuba Blockade protest). But, mainly, it was the protest detonation on November 11th which was the last straw (two doors, ten light fittings, fifty windows, several sets of underpants had to be replaced).