Re: [OM] Re: OT now Coke, mutating to chemistry and now documentary...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT now Coke, mutating to chemistry and now documentary...
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:25:25 +0100
Robert Jackson schrieb:

Olympiad is a different beast. Reifestahl has been accused of having a "fascist aesthetic." Essentially she concentrates on the strength and beauty of the human form as an object of power and perfection, with Hitler cheering on from the sidelines. It's been seen as sort of a sales film for eugenics, but again without any actual explicit "message" to suggest such a thing. She was a very subtle and talented filmmaker. I can't imagine Reifenstahl doing anything as heavy-handed as Bowling For Columbine.

This can easily be seen just the other way around.
The way these masses of people walking (marching) straightfaced like a welltrained army and hence being so impersonal, together with her use of light to glorify the whole thing clearly sends a message. I would not be able to find another word for it then *fascist.
Moore never withdraws behind *aesthetics.

:Doro