Re: [OM] re: OT OT Mike Moore OT OT

Subject: Re: [OM] re: OT OT Mike Moore OT OT
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:15:27 -0800

On Nov 29, 2003, at 8:19 PM, Mike wrote:

Brian, I think M.M. is a bit selective with his facts in order to make
his point. I think big Canadian cities like Vancouver have crime rates
that unfavorably compare to neighboring US cities. Surely people in
Vancouver lock their doors, especially after a recent rash of home
invasions. And the infamous pig farm holds it's own with any US serial
killing.

The statistics presented are startling for most who have not seen them before. I don't think he said Canada was crime free. But comparisons have been frequently made between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C. because they are similar in size and demographics and crime rate. The murder rate in Seattle is 10 times that in Vancouver and I don't think it is considered a high crime city in the US.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA