Re: [OM] digital poll

Subject: Re: [OM] digital poll
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:29:17 +1100
> ...I am going to make some conversion to digital soon for
> some of my work.  There are several List Members who have
> made a similar decision and are still on the List.  What did
> you decide?

Olympus c5050z, due to its build quality relative, sensor,
a little viewfinder niggle, all compared to the other contender
for me (C*n*n G3 at the time). It's a nice, solid,
P&S digital camera, with experienced-photographer features.

However, saying that, the c5050z was for me a foray into
digital to see what I thought. It certainly works for me,
and so, if/when I get a new digital, it'll likely be a
C*n*n DSLR. If I was looking now, it would be a 300D. This
needs to be read in light of the fact that I have an
existing stable of C*n*n lenses and flash for my El*n 2E.

Of course, the last camera I bought was a Yashica Mat 124
TLR...so my judgements are only very loosely based on
rationality <g>

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz