Re: [OM] 100 2.8 Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 100 2.8 Zuiko
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:16:27 -0500
At 02:36 AM 11/30/2003, you wrote:
><snip>
>You can vaguely, kinda-sorta, mimick "the look" by doing an
>in-camera double-exposure.  Make the first exposure sharp as a
>tack and 1/3 stop underexposed.  Make your second exposure out
>of focus and wide-open but about two-stops under-exposed.
>Hopefully, if your alignment is good, you'll see it happen.
>BTW, this double-exposure technique works extremely well on
>adjacent colors (yellow flowers on green background).  If that's
>too harsh, don't underexpose the first exposure and put the
>second, out of focus exposure, three or four-stops down.  (ND
>filters may be needed).
<snip>

Sounds sort of like the Orton technique. If you don't want to fool with
double exposure, then shoot two frames and sandwich the result (slide
film) - the Orton technique. In this case, though, you want to over
expose the first sharp focus shot and even more over exposure the
second out of focus shot. I think 1 stop and 2 stop over exposure is
standard, over exposing because you are sandwiching rather than double
exposing. To make the technique more subtle, over expose the sharp
focus less and the out of focus more.

There is also a PS method to produce the same.

K.., er, I mean AG Schnozz, any chance you could post a shot for us to
see?

Wayne