[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4448

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4448
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:10:08 -0800

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 07:37:29 -0500
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] digital poll

No, Canon has four DSLR's (prices are from my recolection, and may not be right for the top two)

300D: $800
10D: $1400
1D: $3500
1Ds: $7000

Skip, prices are close, the 300D is $899 (a steal at that price), the 1D now sells street pricing in the $2695-$2895 price range. Canon lowered the price about two months ago. Wish they had done that earlier. :-( 1Ds's are less than 7grand, around $6700.

There's no hole, but I expect to see the 10D or 1D replaced this coming spring with an announced model.

I think they'll replace the 1D first, then the 10D. My guess is it will be a full-frame, 6-8 megapixel sensor with a body very, very similar today's, but with the DIGIC imaging engine, and an orientation sensor.

Nikon is also ripe to announce a replacement for the D100 with technology from the D2H.

Nikon's really dropped the ball here, and are getting spanked by Canon.
-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!