Re: [OM] Re: OT now Coke, mutating to chemistry and etc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT now Coke, mutating to chemistry and etc...
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 00:15:19 -0500

Unaccustomed as I am to addressing a large group, I'll keep my remarks brief. Speaking strictly for myself, no, I am not a high school "dropout". [It's one word, Gregg! :) You must check your grammar for any post implying others are stupid! The spell
checker won't help you here.  -5 points]

Sorry you interpreted my comments exactly the opposite of what I meant! I guess you couldn't see my tongue in cheek. What emoticon would that be? What I was so so poorly trying to imply was that this list seems to have someone (usually more than one) knowledgeable about any topic that comes up. Knowledge doesn't necessarily mean education, and education doesn't necessarily mean knowledge, but to explain all that was more than I really wanted to type. Should have just pushed the delete button.

I was also poking fun at those of us who have completed advanced degrees, the higher the degree, the less air to breathe. By the way, usually I have excellent grammar, but insert random keystrokes regularly. For me, it is much easier to speak correctly than type,. I also am one who seems to have brain farts when it comes to spelling of even common words. I wish paper had a spell check button!

A joke:  A boy answers the phone, "Hello".
          Voice on the other end, "is your mother home?"
          Boy, "she ain't here".
          Voice, "son, where's your grammar?"
          Boy, "she ain't here neither".

gregg

On the other hand, I have not finished my BS degree (insert your own joke) so yes, I am breathing thin air, figuratively speaking.
Anyone who'd sell his last OM body (as I have) is not thinking clearly, right?

All the best,
Lama

From: "Gregg Iverson"