Re: [OM] Attitude was: E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] Attitude was: E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:59:44 -0500
If I were a news or sports photographer (which I once was), I
would have gone digital three or more years ago.

If I were for hire, shooting weddings, portraits, general
commercial stuff, I would either have gone digital last year or
would be doing so now.

Since I fit neither category, I'm happy as a clam with film and my
pretty extensive and comprehensive collection of Olympuses (or is
it Olympi?) and Zuikos, etc., etc.

I think many who are not professionals and who are so gung ho
digital and abandoning film in such a rush are as much (or more)
gadget geeks as photographers.  Of course, there obviously is
nothing wrong with being addicted to gadgets, since I am too, and
I am as close to perfection in every way as any human can ever
hope to be. :-)  I'm just not ready to make a serious investment
in digital yet.  Today's miracle machine will soon be tomorrow's
8088 PC.

And I really don't want to talk about it anymore.

Walt

"Reports that say something hasn't happened are always interesting
to me, because, as we know, there are known knowns; there are
things we know we know.  We also know there are known unknowns;
that is to say, we know there are some things we do not know. But
there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't
know." -- Donald Rumsfeld