Re: [OM] sick om4

Subject: Re: [OM] sick om4
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:29:45 -0500
Yeah, since the top has to come off, it shouldn't be done at home.  It is
unlikely the shop will be able to upgrade the circuit.  If they are factory
trained and REALLY know what they are doing and either have the 4T circuit
in stock (or have to order it) the part alone could cost $250 or more.  Then
add labor to change it, total could be over $400.

If they do the circuit change, you can check it quite easily when you pick
it up.  Turn the battery check on and leave it.  IF the new style 4T circuit
is in there, the battery check will go into auto-shutdown in approx. 30
seconds. An original 4 circuit will leave the battery check on until the
batteries go dead.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714