Re: [OM] E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:16:56 -0800
Many of us have been assuming that a 3rd party adapter in inevitible. I wonder if this is true. The 4/3 system is open in one sense. Other manufacturers are welcome to join and produce products for it if they sign the appropriate agreements. On the other hand, I"ll bet that the mount is legally protected to preclude use without proper licencing. It mght be possible for Oly to prevent sale of adapters by others.

Moose

John Hermanson wrote:

Because they don't care one drop of sweat for the original Zuiko line.  As
far as they're concerned it doesn't exist, it is dead. Wonder when Tokina
will come out with the Zuiko to E-1 Adapter?