[OM] Lama's December Sale

Subject: [OM] Lama's December Sale
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:58:52 -0500
These things are also for sale, from wide to tele, to up-close:

** Sigma 24mm f/2.8 Super-Wide II-> $60
for lens, hard case, hood, hard case for hood, caps.  Photodo rates it very
highly and they are right; this lens is unbelievably
sharp.  This modern design is multi-coated, & has all metal construction.  The
filter ring doesn't rotate so I've used a
rectangular, slip-on, metal hood for 24mm lenses made by Konica (included).
The rectangular hood secures with an OLY-like screw &
comes with a dedicated hard case.  52mm snap-on Sigma front cap and generic
rear cap are included too.  Photodo test available by
email upon request.  This is $200 worth of sharpness.  No fungus, snappy
aperture, perfect glass, no wear.  Minimum focus is 0.2
meters.  No problems.  A photo of the Pentax version is on a completed ebby
auction but the OM version focuses in the same
direction as Zuikos.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2963984771

** 50mm miJ f/1.8 Zuiko-> $30, lens, OLY rear cap.  This is the coveted 'made
in Japan', reputed to be the sharpest general-purpose
Zuiko.  The aperture snaps closed but it's just a bit slow to open.  I'll throw
in a 49mm metal hood for a Pentax 35mm semi-wide.
Since I don't have a front cap, I'll put on a scratched up generic filter.
(Folks, don't clean filters with paper towels!)

** Tamron 135 f/2.5 -> $45  BBAR multi-coated, with "OL" Adaptall2 mount for
OM-4[T][i].  Generic rear cap, correct Tamron hard
case, and integral sliding hood.  This focal length is perfect for portraits of
people with large foreheads or noses because it
gives them a bit more compression.  It's fast for its focal length too, yet
light and sharp.  Multi-coated, all metal, OL mount,
rear cap, hard case, & hood.

** Kiron 80-200 f/4 -> $40
for lens, hood, caps, hard case, & soft pouch.  This multi-coated with all
metal lens produces sharp pictures and has a constant
aperture that's a help the OM-1 and OM-3 and flash work in particular.  It's a
push-pull, (single touch) zoom but it doesn't
"creep".  The correct Kiron hood fits inside the generic Albinar that is also
included.  There are two minor problems.  The 55mm
filter ring has a dent in it.  I've had a filter on it (and off again) but the
lens was not happy about it.  There is a shallow
scratch about 1.5mm long in the front element.  As John Lind says on his web
page, a damaged front element does not always mean a
damaged
picture.  Rear element damage is another matter.

** Auto Extension tubes for OM -> $40.  These are fully-automatic, meaning the
OM has no idea there are extension tubes between it
and the lens.  The lengths can be mixed and matched: 13, 21, 31mm.  Comes with
instruction sheet and original
Soligor box.  Don't be afraid of the Soligor name- there are no optics and it
looks as new.

*********
FREE
*********
Buy something and take a freebie.  Since I can't use these anymore, they're up
for grabs:

*** 34mm manual extension tube for OM -> Free -> Technically, this was a 2x but
I took the elements and linkage out of it.  If you
want to canabalize it for the flanges, you're welcome to it.

*** 12" German-made cable release with lock -> Free ->

*** Minolta Hi-Matic 9 for repair or parts -> Free -> The shutter is jammed so
it's BER.  If you want a 35mm compact RF to practice
on, this is the one.  It has a beaten but intact ever-ready case.  If you get
it working, please tell me what the 45mm f/1.7 Rokkor
will
do.  With small 55mm screw-on hood that fits into the case but the mercury cell
will be another obstacle.

I'll take PayPal or a bank check.

All the best,
Lama

now playing: Bonus disc of unreleased tracks on new Springsteen 3-CD set: $16
at Target!