Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4451

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4451
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:17:53 -1000
Boy do I remember caching hell for complaining of off topic, but I learn
to sit back and enjoy all of it as things change in technology.

All of its good and being able to carry knowledge of past technology to
the entire forum is valuable in seeing the whole picture a little
better.
(O no a pun)

Hell I bet there are some old timers out there that have an old Van with
8 tracks that still get played like old friend.

Films not dead and will hold hands with the future longer than I will so
enjoy.
It's easier deleting an OT that you don't want to read than cutting that
lawn.
Dan

>Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 12:28:43 -0500
>From: "GeoW" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] A last hurrah?
>
>There are a few of us left on the list waiting for all the off-topic
>digital chatter to pass
>as if you're not a newbe to the list, you are aware that this was
>and as far as I am
>aware still is an "Olympus OM" list. No, I don't think it ever got
>changed to all things
>Olympus as some seem to think even if they have been around a couple or
three
>years, they are still newbys, and the list was set up way before
>their time, Olympus
>OM.
>
>GeoW

Actually, it's the Olympus mailing list, it is not, nor has it ever
been, limited to the OM system. I don't think the digital chatter
will die down. Actually, I expect to increase from what I read as
other listmembers in ever greater nos. are discovering digital
cameras. As the E-1 hits the streets, there will quite a bit more
discussion of all things digital.

-Stephen.