[OM] Re: OM List and Adapters

Subject: [OM] Re: OM List and Adapters
From: "Daryl Hurley" <dhurley1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 23:42:17 -0600
As I usually don't get a chance to read the list mail until late evening,
most everything worth replying to has been replied to, which saves me much
time as I am a terribly slow typer.  However, tonight I see several posts I
simply must set the record straight on.  Therefore, I will take a few
moments from my overly busy schedule to reply to a couple threads.  Although
I have heisted a few quotes I have deliberately left off the name of the
contributor as I'm commenting on ideas, not picking on anyone.  :-)

# 1:
"Actually, it's the Olympus mailing list, it is not, nor has it ever been,
limited to the OM system."

my reply:  FALSE, it's the Olympus mailing list, but it WAS limited
originally to the OM system.  I realize many of you truly haven't been
around long enough to remember that, but I can recall in years past when a
poster would beg forgiveness before going "off topic" to ask a question
relating to such species as a Stylus, and XA or one of the Pen Series!  The
list has not to my knowlege ever officially "opened up" but as list
administration has been passed around it has "loosened up."

# 2:
"Many of us have been assuming that a 3rd party adapter in inevitible."

my thoughts:  If Olympus doesn't make it why would anyone else?  IF it does
come from a third party it will not be a lens manufacturer.  They have
nothing to gain!  Why would any manufacturer that no longer makes OM mount
lenses make an adapter for OM mounts to anything?  Of course there is
Tamron, but face facts, if they adapt anything to an E-1 it will be a TAMRON
lens, not an OM mount.

"And I really don't want to talk about it anymore."

 My reply:  I quite agree.  Good Night All.

Daryl Hurley
Topeka, KS