Re: [OM] Re: OM List and Adapters, Now: Insurance job

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM List and Adapters, Now: Insurance job
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 04:25:27 EST
In a message dated 12/2/2003 12:32:34 AM Central Standard Time,
halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What does it pay...

Joshua Putnam wrote:

> HELP WANTED: Insurance Agency in Renton, Washington, seeks motivated
> self-starter for independent insurance producer position
Probably just like all other jobs like this, your earnings are based 1000n
commissions.  Been there, doing that.  It is a wonderful arrangement for those
who are motivated, self starters.  If one does what they are getting paid to
do, does it consistently and truly serves their clients, it can provide a very
comfortable living.  If it were easy, everyone would do it. It isn't and they
don't.  There are risks involved and those who tolerate risks and who can see
beyond there next paycheck can do very well. The first few years can be
pretty lean (this understates it somewhat).  Of the 15 agents who started with
me
over 19 years ago, 8 were divorced in the first 2 or 3 years. It helps to have
an understanding wife.  I do, now.  She also happens to be an insurance agent.

OM content: This job has allowed me to replace all the OM gear I sold in the
first year or two to put food on my table. Actually it has done that and then
some . . .

Bill Barber