[OM] OT - Audiophile help please

Subject: [OM] OT - Audiophile help please
From: "Mickey Trageser" <Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 20:27:46 -0500
Sorry for the off topic here. Please reply off list.

I have a Phillips GA 212 electronic turntable. Original owner. I recently
replaced the tired cartridge so I could sample some of my favorite LPs to CD
for enjoyment on the road. I've noticed that the audio improvement is all I
had hoped, but the tone arm has the jitters which translates into flutter.
Very noticable with violins. I've got the cartridge mounted to spec, and the
tone arm balanced properly. The anti skate is also where it ought to be.  Is
there something below deck that would cause this unsteadiness of the the
tone arm assembly?

Thanks in advance!

-Mickey