[OM] Zuiko 55mm question

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 23:56:31 EST
Hello all...
I picked this up from an ebay auction's description of the 55mm f/1.2 lens...

       "Here's the caveat… This lens is famous for an element that gradually
yellows.  The result is a “weak tea” coloration. The tint is strong enough to
render the lens unsuitable for color-transparency film (Kodachrome,
Fujichrome), but there's no problem with or color- or B&W-negative materials."

Having just acquired one of these myself in an auction, (yes, it was mis-id'd
as a 50mm in the auction), I'm curious if this "famous yellowing element"
statement has any basis in fact? The last sentence kills me too- The yellowing
element renders the lens unsuitable for color transparency, but it is OK for
color negative film use ??!!

Thanks!
George S.