Re: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:18:13 +1100
> George S. [mailto:ClassicVW@xxxxxxx] wrote:
> Having just acquired one of these myself in an auction,
> (yes, it was mis-id'd as a 50mm in the auction), I'm curious
> if this "famous yellowing element" statement has any basis
> in fact?

It has been discussed here before, but I can't remember if
anyone had one. I think I've seen other brands with it on my
web-travels (including the Percussion Test that was much
"discussed" here ;) )

> The last sentence kills me too- The yellowing element
> renders the lens unsuitable for color transparency, but
> it is OK for color negative film use ??!!

I think what they mean is that "colour correction" will
be done at the printing stage in the lab. Your point (as
I presume) stands though. :)

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz