Re: [OM] T-32's and NiMH batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] T-32's and NiMH batteries
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:35:57 -0800 (PST)
>Indeed, hats off. They and others know you just need a gadget
>like a stroboframe, which rotates the flash relative to the
>camera to keep it on top when the camera is rotated.

Not all stroboframes are created equal.  They have models that
work with some cameras better than others.  I like mine, but it
takes me about four sessions before I'm back comfortable with it
again.  Some models flip the flash, others rotate the camera.
Mine rotates the camera, but the spacing is so tight that I've
had to Schnozzisize it so that I can use the winder AND the
Vivitar flash extension module on the hotshoe.

A nifty way to keep wires in place so they don't hang all over
the place is to use hair-bobbles.  If you want a slightly more
professional look, velcro wirewraps work well.  If you are
really tight, and want some incredible flexibility to mount just
about anything to the frame, use black uninflated balloons.
(the long narrow types used for balloon critters).  I've got a
half-dozen in my kit that are tied in loops.  I can secure the
wireless flash transmitter to the frame with two of these and
another one is used to secure any looping x-sync cords.

I made up remote control for my winder that secures to the
stroboframe's handgrip.  This way, my right hand holds onto the
frame and is able to trigger the shutter, while my left hand is
on the focus ring.  It's an awkward setup for manual-focus
cameras.  Looking forward to redoing it for a big N*kon digital.

AG