Re: [OM] Quick Servay

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Servay
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:57:10 -0600
I've seen original mercury batteries (Type 13 and 625) in cameras we've
received for repair that I suspect were a
decade old or more and still going strong.  The advantage with mercury
batteries is that they go from "OK" to "dead"
relatively quickly.  By comparison, Alkaline batteries die much sooner, and
much more gradually.  After conversion,
we suggest users replace alkaline batteries yearly.  Almost as good as mercury
cells though are the silver oxides,
which usually last several years.  Zinc air cells usually die in a matter of
months.