Re: [OM] Cheap Zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap Zooms
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:13:16 -0700
At 07:04 PM 12/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, I knew it wasn't a completely fair comparison, but I'm just pointing out
>that a F100 user would, if he didn't understand nor respect what Olympus was
>capable of, or, if he was the type who had to have the latest bells and
>whistles, turn his nose up and think we were using obsolete equipment.
>I don't think film was that bad in the 80's, I'd think you'd maybe have to go
>back to the 60's, but I may be wrong.

Er, pretty much all of my Ektachromes from the 80s are looking pretty sad these
days.  The Kodachromes, on the other hand, look like the day I got 'em
processed.  E-6 has come a long, long way in the last two decades -- the new
stuff is close to miraculous compared to what we got back in the day...

Which is one of those reasons why digital isn't yet irresistibly pulling me
into its grasp.

Garth