[OM] OM Pin-hole photography problem - help!

Subject: [OM] OM Pin-hole photography problem - help!
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:06:04 -0600
I decided to try pin-hole photography with my OMs recently... I bought a body cap with a drilled piece of stainless steel in the center. When I tried it out on my -4T, I expected a pretty long "open shutter" time, given the f/stop is on the order of 180 or so. To my surprise, almost every exposure I tried clicked off at about 12-14 seconds, regardless of what I pointed the camera at. Is there something I'm missing? Is there some tab or coupling pin on the back of the OM lenses that enables OTF metering - the modified lens cap obviously does nothing except engage the three bayonet lugs... Any suggestions on what I can do to make this work? I'm thinking about trying a short extension tube between the body and the cap...

Any thoughts or guidance will be appreciated!

Curt