Re: [OM] E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 4/3 vs. full sensor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:14:08 -0800
I can see an advantage in going from f2 to f1.2, a full stop, in the wide and tele ranges, but I never could see the photographic point of the f1.2 50mm lenses. For bragging rights, sure, but otherwise, 1/3 stop over f1.4 ain't much to get excited about.

Moose

Skip Williams wrote:

There's a new, 35/1.2 from Cosina/Voigtlander, introduced this year. That's the only f/1.2 lens south of a 50mm that I've ever heard of.
There is also an 85/1.2 Zeiss lens that was produced for the Contax SLR mount
(limited production).

I haven't heard of any other maker with an f/1.2 lens outside of the "normal"
~50-60mm range.