Re: [OM] Re: Rumsfeld, guns and loads of other violence

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Rumsfeld, guns and loads of other violence
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:51:36 -0800
GeoW wrote:
I NEED to get the low-down on that bicycle. As a kid I modified all types of bikes but that one has me at a loss. No handle bars? And what appears to be a chair for a seat. I could live with that idea today, get my prescribed exercise.

The bicycle is a Bilenky Viewpoint tandem. But it's not your ordinary
tandem -- the captain is in back, the stoker is in front, recumbent.

http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/bikepics/4ontandem.jpg gives a good side
view of the bike in use. (In this case, there are actually four of us on
the bike -- the recumbent stoker position meant Koralee could ride with
two extra passengers well into her third trimester with the twins.)

Another advantage of the seating positions is that the captain and
stoker can easily kiss while riding.

http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/bikepics/bikepic.html has a few more
shots of our Viewpoint if you're interested.

If you don't have another person to ride a tandem with you, there are
single recumbent bikes that have the same relaxed seating position.

--
HELP WANTED: Insurance Agency in Renton, Washington, seeks motivated
self-starter for independent insurance producer position.  Set your own