[OM] Building a photography library

Subject: [OM] Building a photography library
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:42:49 -0400
Wow an actual on-topic post!

I'm working on building up more of a photography library and I'm wondering
what books the list members would rate as "must haves"?

I just received the first books for my collection today, Ansel Adams'
photography series (The Camera, The Negative, and The Print) as well as The
Book of Alternative Photographic Processes by Christopher James (which
Amazon lists as Nonsilver and Alternative Process Photography for some
unknown reason).

What else would fit into the essential photography library? I'm more
interested in books that focus on technique or technical aspects rather than
guides about a particular camera or camera system.

And then of course there's the question of art books, but the cost of these
is definitely more of a concern. And I think it's much more of a matter of
personal taste.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/