Re: [OM] OM Pin-hole photography problem - help!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Pin-hole photography problem - help!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:32:56 -0500
Walt said:
I've got a 1250/10 Celestron.  It's a T-mount lens -- no levers
transmitting any information.  Works fine on "auto."  Spot
readings, of course, work because they're taken at the only
possible aperture.

Am I missing someting or just misunderstanding the entire premise?

You didn't look at your T-mount closely enough. It does indeed have a (fixed position) tab on the back that engages the camera. As you rotate the T-mount into position that tab rotates a lever in the camera's lens mount to tell the camera that the lens is at maximum aperture... but without saying what that aperture is.

Open the back, open the shutter on "B" and then watch the inside of the mount from the backside as you install the T-adapter.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA